update 28 May 2020
Adjustments Clock pre sales and modernisation of auction clock front
Due to latest market developments, Veiling Rhein-Maas has decided to adjust the reservation options at Clock pre sales again. From 2 June 2020 onwards, customers of the auction have the possibility to reserve the following maximum shares at Clock pre sales:
- Sample lots on CC-containers: 50% (minimum purchase: 1 CC-container)
- Large lots on CC-containers: 50% (minimum purchase: 1 CC-container)
- Single lots on CC-containers: 30% (minimum purchase: 1 layer)
- On auction trolleys: 50% (minimum purchase: 3 units)
- On auction trolleys: 50% (minimum purchase: 1 unit)
Modernisation of the auction clock front starts on 19 June 2020
As announced earlier, Veiling Rhein-Maas will start the modernisation process of the auction clock front in June, during which the whole front will be equipped with the latest LED technology. In addition, the information screen below auction clock 4 and 5 will also be modernised.
On Friday, 19 June 2020, the conversion works in the auction room will start after the end of the auction. Therefore, from Monday, 22 June 2020, there will only be six auction clocks operating, three each for cut flowers and potted plants. For the duration of the modernisation phase, products may be allocated to the remaining auction clocks. The effects of this on the duration of the auction are still being analysed. In case of a possible adjustment of the auction starting time, you will be informed no later than Friday, 12 June 2020. The completion of all eight auction clocks is planned for the beginning of September 2020.
There will only be slight changes to the layout, structure or content of the modernised auction clocks, for example some areas will be displayed differently or with additional information. The adaptations will take place after all eight clocks have been completed. You will receive further information about this project in the weekly e-mail newsletter `Aktuell´ and via the screens in the auction room.
Please continue to observe the protective measures and hygiene regulations
For Veiling Rhein-Maas, the health of all employees, customers and suppliers has the highest priority. We would therefore like to remind you once again to maintain a minimum distance of at least 1.5 metres between each other on the entire premises of the auction in Straelen-Herongen. If you are sitting alone on a bench in the auction room, please use only free, unblocked seats. Please wear a mask if you are sitting on a bench in pairs. Due to the current situation, there is no service at the moment at the seats in the auction room. Please use the counter of the bistro.
Previous news on Coronavirus:
- 20 mei 2020: Supply of A2 quality possible again
- 22 april 2020: Current information about purchasing and selling at Veiling Rhein-Maas
- 17 April 2020: Reopening of garden centres and hardware stores in Belgium
- 8 April 2020: Auction will take place again according to the original annual calendar
- 7 April 2020: Adjustments at Clock pre sales and start of early auctioning period from week 16 onwards
- 3 April 2020: Special auction on Good Friday, 10 April, 2020 will take place!
- 2 April 2020: Positive market development at Veiling Rhein-Maas and further measures regarding supply
- 1 April 2020: Veiling Rhein-Maas will auction on Friday 3 April 2020!
- 27 March 2020: Use Remote Buying: Capacity of Remote Buying increased by 25%, limited seats in the auction room
- 26 March 2020: Important information on supply and purchase during week 14
- 25 March 2020: Veiling Rhein-Maas will auction on three weekdays from Monday 30 March 2020, Clock Service stays available from Monday to Friday!
- 23 March 2020: Opening of florist shops in North Rhine-Westphalia and Hessen permitted
- 22 March 2020: Auction will be held until further notice
- 20 March 2020: Veiling Rhein-Maas is taking further short term measures to secure business and marketing activities even in the event of a curfew
- 19 March 2020: Auction takes place until further notice
- 18 March 2020: Consequences of the decree from 17 March 2020
- 17 March 2020: Sale of horticultural products still permitted in Germany and the Netherlands
- 16 March 2020: Sale of horticultural products still permitted in Germany and the Netherlands
- 16 March 2020: Adjustment of supply regulations due to the current market situation
- 15 March 2020: Auction on Monday 16 March
- 13 March 2020: Handling of the coronavirus at Veiling Rhein-Maas
- 5 March 2020: Handling of the coronavirus at Veiling Rhein-Maas